- 1 Western Tip steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup prepared olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette or prepared Italian-style vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients of your choice in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into slices.
Asian Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and 1-1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil to Classic Marinade mixture.
Mexican Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt to Classic Marinade mixture.